Question

Is There Another Way to Execute an External URL Link besides PXRedirectToUrlException?

• 10 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have an unusual use case.

I add a button to the Appointment screen (FS300200) that allows the tech in the field to pull up a web form which is a checklist that they are to run through with the customer while on-site. 

I am doing this via the PXRedirectToUrlException:

// Everything is gathered up. Time to send it
var redirectException =
new PXRedirectToUrlException(fullURL,
PXBaseRedirectException.WindowMode.New, "This is a Message, which gets ignored in this case");
throw redirectException; // call URL

It works… but…

It creates a new window inside of the Mobile App’s “browser” and it does not have certain things enabled (like javascript) which are needed for the Web Application they need to run. I cannot see any way of making the mobile app open a link using the native browser of the mobile environment (e.g. iOS or Android). Is there anyway of doing this?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mjgrice32 

Did you try specifying same windows on the exception?

PXBaseRedirectException.WindowMode.Same

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @mjgrice32 

Did you try specifying same windows on the exception?

PXBaseRedirectException.WindowMode.Same

Except I don’t want it in the same window… I want it in a different browser…? What am I missing?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mjgrice32 

I think you have to implement a different button with different behaviors. One for mobile, one for Acumatica screen.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @mjgrice32 

I think you have to implement a different button with different behaviors. One for mobile, one for Acumatica screen.

I’m happy to do that… but how do I implement the mobile button?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have this same issue. How do I open the link in the browser, not the in-app browser?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved