Question

Is There Another Way to Execute an External URL Link besides PXRedirectToUrlException?

• 10 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have an unusual use case.

I add a button to the Appointment screen (FS300200) that allows the tech in the field to pull up a web form which is a checklist that they are to run through with the customer while on-site. 

I am doing this via the PXRedirectToUrlException:

// Everything is gathered up. Time to send it
var redirectException =
new PXRedirectToUrlException(fullURL,
PXBaseRedirectException.WindowMode.New, "This is a Message, which gets ignored in this case");
throw redirectException; // call URL

It works… but…

It creates a new window inside of the Mobile App’s “browser” and it does not have certain things enabled (like javascript) which are needed for the Web Application they need to run. I cannot see any way of making the mobile app open a link using the native browser of the mobile environment (e.g. iOS or Android). Is there anyway of doing this?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have this same issue. How do I open the link in the browser, not the in-app browser?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @mjgrice32 

I think you have to implement a different button with different behaviors. One for mobile, one for Acumatica screen.

I’m happy to do that… but how do I implement the mobile button?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mjgrice32 

I think you have to implement a different button with different behaviors. One for mobile, one for Acumatica screen.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @mjgrice32 

Did you try specifying same windows on the exception?

PXBaseRedirectException.WindowMode.Same

Except I don’t want it in the same window… I want it in a different browser…? What am I missing?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mjgrice32 

Did you try specifying same windows on the exception?

PXBaseRedirectException.WindowMode.Same

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved