Solved

Change SO Status through workflow based on SO Line conditions

• 4 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello everyone!

I am trying to customize our SO workflow to change the state of a sales order based on conditions of sales order lines. By default I am not able to reference any of the SO Line fields in a condition for the SO301000 screen. 

Is there a way to add the SO Line fields so that I may reference them in a condition to automate the workflow changing the order status?

For example I want to set up a condition like this:

SO Line Description contains “Bar”

AND

SO Line Qty over “200”

Any and all help with this will be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Denham 18 May 2023, 00:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Not sure about the workflow changes but you could create a business event that gets triggered when the conditions are met. So it would run an import scenario to put that order on hold.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Not sure about the workflow changes but you could create a business event that gets triggered when the conditions are met. So it would run an import scenario to put that order on hold.

Hi!

The problem we are currently having is that we have too many business events already, and this workflow modification is meant to replace problematic business events which are using up a lot of our resources.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

To Clarify:

I understand how to set up the automation within the workflow to change the order status based on conditions. What I am unsure of is the possibility of setting up conditions in the SO workflow based on SO Lines.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Denham were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @Chris Hackett 

No I was not able to find a solution to implement something like this through the SO Workflow alone, but we did find that we are able to replace the problematic business events with approval maps since those can have conditions which look at SO Lines. We are still working on implementing that.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved