Outlook - System Email Account Setup Failed

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 1

Were you able to fix this problem? I am getting it and cannot seem to fix it even following the above instructions

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Gabriel Michaud  Hope you are doing well :)

Yeah, I’m good, and thank you :)  Thanks a lot for providing the possible options. I will look into it and keep you posted on the update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Naveen B,

Hope you’re well. I compared your configuration with the one used by one of our customers, who has been using inbound mail processing with Office 365 for many years. Your configuration is correct but Office 365 is denying IMAP access.

There are two possible problems:

1. IMAP access has been disabled for this account. I’m not an expert on Office 365 but can’t see a way to configure this from the admin center -- looks like it has to be done through PowerShell: Set-CASMailboxPlan
  2. Two-step authentication is enabled. You will need to create an app-specific password by following the instructions here: Manage app passwords for two-step verification

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved