Solved

How to configure the "AP Bill" approval request emails so that they are sent to their recipient automatically since now the email remains "pending"?

• 11 May 2023
  • 3 replies

How to configure the "AP Bill" approval request emails so that they are sent to their recipient automatically since now the email remains "pending"?

In other words, on the SM507000 “Emails Pending Processing” screen, they remain with Mail status “pending” and they are only sent until you do “PROCESS” after having selected them.

Detailed.-
I have configured several Approval Maps in [EP205015], each of them with one or several steps, in each step a rule, where the entity object is "AP Document", and the approver is an "Employee".

In "Accounts Payables Preferences" [AP101000], the Approval tab is "Active" in all Approval Maps. I'm using the system default Pending Notification Approval "AP Bill".

So, when the A/P user adds a new Bill in "Payables" > "Bills and Adjustments" [AP301000] and sets an Owner or Workgroup ID in the "Financial" tab of the document, the approval process is triggered.

In general the approval process works well, except that the notification emails to the user are not sent automatically.

1) Outgoing emails do work, for example, other features such as "new user welcome" or "password change notification" and other notifications, emails are sent automatically.

2) Email Preferences [SM204001] is checked on "Send User Emails Immediately"

3) All employees configured as approvers are active in "Employees" [EP203000] and are linked to an active user.

4) "Email Templates" [SM204003] > Notification ID: "AP Bill", "Send by events" tab is empty.

icon

Best answer by PorchlightZach 11 May 2023, 20:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

You could try adding a schedule to automatically process all of the pending emails for a particular mail account.   I don’t see a mention of schedules in your message so hopefully this is a helpful suggestion.

A automated schedule is how our system sends pending mail that goes out with the SendGrid integration.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey there,

I reviewed this inquiry, if not wanting to use Automation Schedule on the Send and Receive emails screen to automate sending those emails, then in 22R1 there is a new feature that allows emails to be processed immediately if it contains the Default Email Account seen in email Preferences, and also the check box for “Send user emails immediately” is marked.  

Information on this can be found here in the 22R1 Enhancements page in help (as well as release notes for 22R1) 

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=97951723-de00-4eca-98cd-598bb1d15fcc

You could try adding a schedule to automatically process all of the pending emails for a particular mail account.   I don’t see a mention of schedules in your message so hopefully this is a helpful suggestion.

A automated schedule is how our system sends pending mail that goes out with the SendGrid integration.

Thank you, working now!

Ian

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved