Question

Snapshot/Copy Tenant Question related to Files

• 21 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi!

Is there a way to take a snapshot that won’t copy the files in the table “UploadFileRevision”

I’ve noticed that this is the table that’s taking up a significant amount of space in the database and when you copy or restore a snapshot, the other tenant also houses a lot of those records.

would there be a reason to keep that data?  I understand the need to test, but you aren’t retesting the entire system and every single file.

Here’s a screenshot what I’m referring to: 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@iqraharrison48  Please refer to the below link .

The snapshot configurations are stored in \App_Data\SnapshotConfigs. You can create new snapshot configurations based on existing ones.

It’s a simple xml, so to exclude a table you need to add 
    <Exclude  table="TableName" />

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @iqraharrison48 

We dont have a option to exclude certain tables in copying the data from One tenant to other tenant , Like the way we dont have a option to take a snapshot.

Please delete the Upload file revision table to particular data if not needed and copy or take the snapshot.

Delete old snapshot and create a new one and download the file.

Delete the recent taken snapshot or copy the data.

Otherwise In the Snapshot file try to delete the files of tables before importing.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @iqraharrison48,

Have you tried using Export mode as Full except Attachments?

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I believe it could be helpful.

Regards,

Sagar, Greytrix

Badge +11

This post may be helpful

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved