Solved

Chrome Memory - Multiple Tabs

• 23 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I am noticing an increase in Chrome memory on 2021 R1 - 21.118.0038. 

What i have noticed is that the SO screen creates a good amount of Javascript memory.   The more screens you click the higher it goes until garbage collection.   

How a website works  - But it just seems with this version is building megs of cache quicker than normal.    (Really centered around Sales Orders and Invoices.)

I have upped the memory for the machines in Chrome to 4096, but multiple tabs \ any competition and we get an out of memory issue.      Not a ton of tax zones,   single currency.   

Ideas? 

icon

Best answer by RohitBhandurge 23 September 2022, 20:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@corey63 - Understood. Certainly a good subject to dig deep into. There are some articles in the community somewhat on the similar grounds. 

https://help-2020r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=1e173168-12d7-43cf-82e4-a140237a700c

This is the in memory cache - or JS heap that I was referring too, but thank you for the response.     To show what I am talking about, if you go to the ellipse (triple dots)  in chrome and then  more tools, open the developer tools - go to the memory tab - you will see the total amount of JS heap that the instance is currently using.     

Here is an example of opening a Sales Order and the cache size it took..  My issue is I am seeing 500-600 meg.    

Userlevel 5
Badge

@corey63 - There is mention in this article that you can control the cache in Chrome. 

https://windowsloop.com/limit-chrome-cache-size/

Not sure if this is specific to your issue.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved