Solved

Bandwidth Requirements Using Acumatica

Userlevel 2
Badge

Good day.

What is the minimum bandwidth required by a customer subscribed to Acumatica SaaS?

Many thanks,

EM.

icon

Best answer by Missy Main 21 June 2023, 15:54

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi  @emelda71 https://www.dynamictechservices.com/acumatica-2021-r1-system-requirements/

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hie - thank you for the response.

My question is however on bandwidth, nothing is mentioned about it in the article you sent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @emelda71 

I don’t believe Acumatica has bandwidth requirement. It is based on the server and how it is hosted. 

I tried looking and was unable to find to anything related to bandwidth requirements. 

Have you tried to ask Support?

Userlevel 2
Badge

HI @emelda71 

I don’t believe Acumatica has bandwidth requirement. It is based on the server and how it is hosted. 

I tried looking and was unable to find to anything related to bandwidth requirements. 

I asked the support team and they also advised that they don't have minimum requirements set. However they did say that Acumatica SaaS environment operates in 100 mbps and that the higher it is the better the performance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @emelda71 

I asked the support team and they also advised that they don't have minimum requirements set. However they did say that Acumatica SaaS environment operates in 100 mbps and that the higher it is the better the performance.

As with anything, the higher, the better the performance! That’s good to know though that they said 100 mbps. That may be the answer! 😁

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello,

I can agree it is 100mbps as “recommended” but it really depends on other variables.

One example IT gave is as follows:

For example you could have an amazing fibre home service with 100GBPS upload speeds, but your laptop wireless card only gets 1MBPS from the home wireless router – and all the cool ISP power is useless.

Since this is dependent on a site by site basis, I cannot give recommendation for this, but it sounds like 100Mbps should suffice.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

I can agree it is 100mbps as “recommended” but it really depends on other variables.

One example IT gave is as follows:

For example you could have an amazing fibre home service with 100GBPS upload speeds, but your laptop wireless card only gets 1MBPS from the home wireless router – and all the cool ISP power is useless.

Since this is dependent on a site by site basis, I cannot give recommendation for this, but it sounds like 100Mbps should suffice.

I like the example your IT gave 🙂 thank you for bringing in this angle.

I think a general per user bandwidth recommendation would be very helpful as we have some customers that have twenty Acumatica SaaS users and others have two hundred so a 100Mbps connection might be great for one and unusable for another. Telling my Acumatica sales guys the average session consumes 1Mb per user or something like that would make it easy for them to figure out if more bandwidth is needed for a particular deployment. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

In one of our locations we have 500 Mbs and in a second location we have 50 to 100 Mbs.  Both work well with no issues or delays. 

This link looks like it refers to an on prem install, not SaaS. It’s talking about a specific three tier app setup.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved