Solved

Retail Brick and Mortar Receiving with Cross Reference Vendor UPCs

• 10 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Are there any retail store operators out there that have a good process for receiving that relies on vendor UPCs to match products on a PO against your Stock Items? Our receiving team struggle to know which product is which amongst our large truck deliveries and they need a screen in Acumatica to be able to scan the vendor’s UPC/barcode and pull up the Stock Item in Acumatica.

The standard Stock Item screen doesn’t seem to search through the Cross Reference. Is there a way to change that search function or is there another screen where we can do a quick check?

icon

Best answer by lawsont 28 November 2023, 00:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I believe if you enter the vendor UPC/barcode as a cross reference, it will be able to be barcode read and translate to the actual inventory item.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Userlevel 4
Badge

@DavidEichner Is there are good screen for this where it’s just down and dirty searching for an item. I understand that within the Scan and Receive function, you’d have that ability to scan and have the item be added according to the Cross Reference. But, we are wanting to identify items by searching the cross reference outside of that receiving process. See the Stock Items screen where it doesn’t show the Cross Reference value when I search for it in this video: 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @lawsont were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Chris Hackett Unfortunately not. We were told by our VAR SWK that it’s not possible to add the Cross Reference into that search screen. Our Label Provider Asgard also said it wasn’t possible. We’re now switching to a new label solution called Trabea and they’re optimistic that it’s possible. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved