Solved

Markets Pro Shopify to Acumatica

• 15 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Jr Varsity III
  • 92 replies

Does anyone have experience with Markets Pro in Shopify?   It is supposed to allow us to bring in sales from other countries (CAD for example), however it looks like it brings it in with the Currency of the foreign country, and fails for us because we do not have MultiCurrency enabled. 

I was hoping it would perform the conversion of the currency and import as USD.   

It seems the JSON file contains the USD amount and the conversion: 

Are we supposed to MAP this in the connector?!

Cheers,

k2

icon

Best answer by KarthikGajendran 28 February 2024, 23:22

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@K2a , we are using presentment currency to import the Order and Payment currently. It’s impossible to map it in the Entity mapping screen. 

But it may be a solution to add an option to let user choose which currency should be used. I think our BAs are working on it. @KarthikGajendran 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@K2a , we are using presentment currency to import the Order and Payment currently. It’s impossible to map it in the Entity mapping screen. 

But it may be a solution to add an option to let user choose which currency should be used. I think our BAs are working on it. @KarthikGajendran 

Thanks @simonliang91  - so I assume this means we’d HAVE to enable multicurrency accounting in order to process as of now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@K2a I assume your base currency is USD in Shopify and customer paid with CAD currency. 

In Acumatica Sales Order, we always display two currencies. 

1. Order Currency

2. Order Base Currency

In your case, in Acumatica Sales order, you would have Order Currency as CAD and Order Base Currency as USD and the exchange rate brought from Shopify.
Acumatica Payment will be created in CAD currency as well and applied against the Order created in CAD. 

Now, are you expecting the system to create the Acumatica Sales Order in USD? Meaning both the Order Currency and Base Currency to be USD? Please let me know. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@K2a I assume your base currency is USD in Shopify and customer paid with CAD currency. 

In Acumatica Sales Order, we always display two currencies. 

1. Order Currency

2. Order Base Currency

In your case, in Acumatica Sales order, you would have Order Currency as CAD and Order Base Currency as USD and the exchange rate brought from Shopify.
Acumatica Payment will be created in CAD currency as well and applied against the Order created in CAD. 

Now, are you expecting the system to create the Acumatica Sales Order in USD? Meaning both the Order Currency and Base Currency to be USD? Please let me know. 

@KarthikGajendran  - we do not have MultiCurrency enabled, so would this functionality work as you describe without CAD enabled as a currency?  Because when I tried to import the Markets Pro order I get the following Commerce Error: 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@KarthikGajendran - just want to confirm - we WOULD need to enable multicurrency to deal with this type of order?

cheers,

k2

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@K2a Yes, you need to enable multi currency because you are using multiple currencies. You have the ability to create the orders in CAD and also in USD. 

We are evaluating if we have to provide the user to choose to always import the orders with Base currency as the Order currency and base currency. 

Meaning, in this case, the Order currency will be USD, Base currency in the order will be USD and Payment will be in USD. 

Is this something you are looking for?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@KarthikGajendran - I think that could help a lot of folks that are in the same boat as us.  If we have the ability to sell on shopify in multiple currencies but import to ACU without using multi-currency setup, that would be super!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@KarthikGajendran - another comment on this, it looks like Markets Pro is handling all the currency conversion and even pays us in USD.   So again, I think it would be helpful to be able to import the order/payment in our base currency based on the daily spot rate:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@K2a  You can vote on this idea 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved