Solved

Import mapping Shopify default address phone number in Customer entity

• 29 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I need to map the phone number associated with the default address from Shopify to a specific field in the customer record in Acumatica, but I can’t seem to figure out how to specify the phone number associated with the default address, not the phone number associated with one of the other (non-default) addresses, in a formula in the Customer entity.

Does anyone have a suggestion regarding how to accomplish this? 

icon

Best answer by Yuri Karpenko 15 August 2023, 00:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mikeho , you can access the default phone number for a customer (assuming, it’s Shopify), using this mapping:

I’m somewhat perplexed by your question, because you can’t really access other phone numbers, only the default one. Am I missing something?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Yuri Karpenko - in my testing I have found that if a customer has multiple locations under their account in Shopify with different phone numbers associated with each location, when I try sync the phone number associated with the default address (which can be different from the phone number associated with the customer account/record in Shopify) it is syncing one of the other phone numbers associated with a non-default address.

Example:

This customer has 2 different phone numbers associated with their account in Shopify, one ending in “8074” (tied to their account and one of their addresses) and another ending in “4607” (tied to their Default address in Shopify):

I specifically want to sync the phone # associated with the Default address ending in “4607”; I created a test to sync it to the Fax field in Acumatica, however I’m getting the non-Default phone number:

Any thoughts regarding how I can get the “4607” number to sync to a specified field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mikeho , you can try this mapping:

Hopefully, it will pull up the first Address, which is a DEFAULT one.

If it doesn’t, then the only way to achieve what you’re trying to do is through a customization to the connector in Acumatica.

LMK what your test shows.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Yuri Karpenko I tried that mapping and it is sending the phone number ending in “8074”, which again is not the number on the Default Address.

And just to clarify - if I don’t set any import mapping under the Customer entity, the native connector appears to sync the phone number associated with the customer record in Shopify to the Phone 1 field in Acumatica, and the phone number associated with the default address in Shopify to the Phone 2 field in Acumatica.

Ultimately what I’m trying to do is strip the incoming phone number of any “+1” country codes so that it works better with a 3rd party phone system we’re using (Lightspeed Voice). We’ve found that phone numbers that start with “+1” do not get recorded as phone call activities in Acumatica. I can strip out the “+1” from the main phone number associated with the customer record, but I can’t seem to figure out how to do this with the Default Address phone number, as I can’t find the correct method to reference that Default Address phone number in a formula to strip out the “+1”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mikeho , I’ve done a bit more testing. I can confidently say that Customer → Main Contact / Phone 1 is the correct field to map to. But on the Shopify side, when we have more than 1 address, we get an array of data in the connector, and we don’t have a short-cut to a default address specifically. Moreover, I think that in the connector, when we set up mapping, we ONLY have access to the address with the latest ID (so that if we create yet another address for a customer and reference [CustomerData -> Addresses.Phone] in the mapping as a source field, we will always be getting a phone number of the address that was created last.

You have 2 options:

1. Modify the connector (customization)
  2. Create a GI in Acumatica with a Business Event and Automation Schedule to strip ‘+1’ from the Phone 1 field.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you, @Yuri Karpenko. I appreciate you making the effort to test and confirm this!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved