Solved

What table is the Week Descriptions in?

• 30 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi, 
I am working on a Report to print Time Cards base on the entry done in Employee Time Card Entry, Screen ID = EP305000 . 

I am prompting for the beginning & ending weeks using the view name: =Report.GetFieldSchema('EPTimeCard.WeekID')

When I use the search, I get columns, Week, Start, End, Description & WeekID. 

I cannot seem to find the table that these are stored in or defined. 

I need to print the description, or the start date of the beginning week that is selected. 

So, I need to find a way to link from the parameter to a table to get the description 

Any ideas? 

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by vkumar 31 December 2021, 08:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @wfilipiak67  Is this the Description field you are looking for?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Naveen B , 

No, I am looking for the (07/25 - 07/31) that is next to the week ID

Bill

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @wfilipiak67 

You can find the week description column on EPTimeCard table. Here is GI reflecting those columns. 

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@vkumar, Thank you. 

Is there a way to do a join to that table to get the description from a parameter? 

The parameter is asking for the beginning week & I want to print the description along with it. 

Hi @vkumar , 

Is there any ways for me to get the Start Date and End Date from the WeekID? I tried using fields [EPTimeCard.WeekStartDate] and [EPTimeCard.WeekEndDate] but it not showing any values,

I don’t want to use the WeekDescription, I want to show the description date as [Date: 05/06/2023 -11/06/2023]

Current Result: [ Date: 2023-23 (05/06 - 11/06) ]

Expected Result: [Date: 05/06/2023 -11/06/2023]

Hi @vkumar , 

Is there any ways for me to get the Start Date and End Date from the WeekID? I tried using fields [EPTimeCard.WeekStartDate] and [EPTimeCard.WeekEndDate] but it not showing any values,

I don’t want to use the WeekDescription, I want to show the description date as [Date: 05/06/2023 -11/06/2023]

Current Result: [ Date: 2023-23 (05/06 - 11/06) ]

Expected Result: [Date: 05/06/2023 -11/06/2023]

Updated (29/8/2023): I have managed to get solution for the issue. The report already come out as what I expected. I am using substring of the week description to get start and end date.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved