Solved

Using a DAC not related to the Generic Inquiry to use their format

• 16 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I have use the DB-Approval Generic inquiry from the Dashboards as base for a report for one of my clients. The only problem I had, is that they wanted “Approved Total” amount brought into the Generic Inquiry, had 6 decimals, and my client wanted only 2, after spending several minutes trying every single idea I read from this community and AUGForums regarding style, formulas or else, I could not make it work.

So, I added DAC PX.Objects.AP.APInvoice, into the Generic Inquiry and did not related to anything, and used it to have the Schema Field from APInvoice. CuryDocBal, to get the format, and that worked for the GI. Would this cause any issues with the GI? I could not find any issues at first glance, but, wanted another opinion.

Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 16 February 2023, 22:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @martingaxiola! There won’t be any issues, this is one of the great ways that schemas can work.

No need to join the table into the GI using relations if you’re only going to use it as a schema and pretty sure it’s the only thing you can do with an unlinked table in a GI.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@martingaxiola Adding a table (DAC) to a GI to use its field formatting properties does not have a negative impact and is the prescribed method to use.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you for confirming @BenjaminCrisman, I will deliver this to the client then. I really appreciate your prompt respose.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved