Question

total cost on GI

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

We are starting to use Landed costs. I would like to make a GI that will show all inventory availability and the total cost (purchase receipt and landed cost (if there is a landed cost for the purchase receipt).

Similar to how the inventory lot/serial history works. it will show receipt cost, then if you check the box it will so the cost with landed cost included. I would like that cost with landed cost included.

Does anyone know the best way to get that total cost?

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

@mna10 The Average Cost on Price/Cost tab of the Stock Item screen should have all of the calculations done and rolled into it.

If you are looking for something historical reference, i.e., what was the landed cost for an item for a specific purchase receipt, I don’t have anything and would love the same thing for our company.

The problem I run into when to use the landed cost amount vs the billed amount and the creating a system that “knows” how landed cost valuation method. Then, there is still the challenge of linking everything together.   

Userlevel 3
Badge

hi @abrunner78 , thanks but we are using lots and looking to get the true cost per lot (PO receipt cost + landed cost). this shows on the inventory lot/serial history screen but looking to show in a GI instead.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mna10 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett, unfortunately no. I wish there was an easy way to make a GI that shows this. I cannot figure it out.

Userlevel 1

As someone working on a similar GI, I recommend starting with the following tables:

POLandedCostReceiptLine - this has the allocated LC amount

POReceiptLine - to bring the PO receipt details, like inventoryID etc.

InventoryItem - to bring any inventory ID details that aren’t available in the POReceiptLine table.

CurrencyInfo - to link the exchange rate of applicable transactions if you are purchasing in different currencies from your base currency.

I used formulas to calculate the unit cost column and grouped by POReceiptLine.InventoryID & POReceipt.ReceiptNbr so that the landed cost column would show a total of all LC allocated per InventoryID & PO Receipt. Other tables that you may find useful are INItemCost & POReceiptLandedCostDetail.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @reneed, thanks for sharing. Are you able to attach your GI so I can look?

Userlevel 1

@mna10 Here you go. There are some extra tables, as I am still tweaking a few things. 😄 Please share any ideas you may have. We are moving to lot/serial number tracking soon, so any discoveries you make would be extremely helpful.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @reneed Thanks! some of our items were done via receipts vs POreceipts being we were fixing valuation methods. These are the ones we are having an issue with for the landed costs.

Userlevel 1

@mna10 Maybe you could try bringing in the INRegister table, since it contains the child DAC POReceipt. This way you could have the GI show both receipts and POreceipts. This might be effective for you, especially if the receipts contain the final item cost.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @reneed were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

@Chris Hackett Unfortunately, I am still wrestling with this problem! 

@reneed  - Have you been able to make any progress on this?  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved