Solved

Subreport value not display in main report

• 10 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

What could be the possible issue why the value is not showing automatically in the subreport. The purpose of subreport is to display the information from the approval tab in the purchase order module.

Please see details below.

Report designer:

Parameters of SubReport from PO Main Form:

Subreport Form with parameters:

When I tried to print a PO, values are not displayed automatically in the subreport.

However, when I clicked the Edit Parameter in the report form and assign a value manually to a parameters the approval information is displayed.

Edit Form:

Can you share your solution, please? How did you fix it? Thanks

icon

Best answer by cij 12 July 2023, 07:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

There are 2 different ways to invoke the reports from code:

1. Pass the parameters and let the report load the data.
  2. Pass the data without any parameters and the report will just process the data.

Most likely, the report that you are working on is working by the second scenario.

If you simply change the Value field of the parameters being passed to the subreport from @OrderType, @OrderNbr to POOrder.OrderType, POOrder.OrderNbr should fix the issue.

Hi @Samvel Petrosov 

Thanks for your response I really appreciate it. Actually, I figured out the issue. There is no changes has been made in the parameters. The value was there but it was overlap with text box that is why it shows blank. I was using the text box as border and placed the subreport. When I replaced it to panel as border everything went well.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @cij!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved