Solved

Setting up Approval Map on Sales Orders

• 10 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m trying to set up an approval map for Sales Orders which does the following:

If the Sales Order has item X on it, it requires approval from Finance.

If the Sales Order does not have item X on it, it does not require approval from Finance.

Seems simple enough but the issue I’m having is that when the Sales Order does not have item X on it, it gets automatically Approved which prevents you from editing it while it is in Open status. Is there a way to set this up so that I’m still able to edit while it is in Open status? Or simply not requiring approval in these cases, rather than auto approving.

We have some business automation running that requires the Sales Order line level details to be editable in Open status so putting the SO back on Hold to edit further is not an option.

icon

Best answer by DavidEichner 10 March 2023, 22:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @jwarren 

You can definitely handle this with a workflow for SO.  Set up a single condition requiring approval from Finance where the SO has a line with product X.  All others that don’t match that condition will be automatically approved when you remove the SO from hold.  

Here’s a print screen of a sample SO approval that has one condition based on sales line discount % rather than a specific product but it is the same idea.  

I just tested it out with a sales order with no line discounts and less than 10K...and it automatically went to Approved.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey David,

To clarify, the Sales Order going automatically Approved is the issue since once approved it greys out and you can no longer edit the Sales Order Lines. This prevents our automation from running.

For context, we auto create a SKU on SO creation (this is our automation). We use a non-stock item when creating the SO, and when we save the SO, a SKU is created in the background. When we remove hold, the non-stock SKU is replaced by the stock SKU created on SO creation.

When the SO gets auto approved, it greys out the SO Detail and prevents the second part of the automation from running.

So looking for a way to maintain the SO Detail as editable while it is Open and Approved or Open and Pending Approval.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The automation you have written appears to be the real issue.  Perhaps have the replacement happen after SKU creation finishes triggered by the save operation (instead of waiting for the Remove From Hold operation)?

David Eichner, CPA

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved