Question

Send Open Sales Order Report to Customers

• 17 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We’re looking for a way to send customers an open order status report - We think that some simple modifications to SO611000 would work great, however I can’t figure out a way to automate sending this report (filtered by customer) to the customers with their open sales orders

If we save a template on the report, is there a way to utilize the automation templates and available filters to refine this to one email, sent to each customer on the report - filtered by only their open orders?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kyle90 Using Business event you can send an email notification to customer individually when the sales order is Open status,

Create a generic inquiry and list out all the sales order which are open status.

Conditions: today-14 .

Status-Open.

Using above approach you can build business events.

Please try this approach and share your feedback.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kyle90 ,

To add to what @manikantad18 suggested…

You can attach a report on a business event.  Group the GI so that it returns only one record for each customer with one or more open sales orders.  Create a business event based on this GI and pass the ‘baccountid’ as the report parameter on the Attached Reports tab of the event template.  The example below is for a shipment notification but you can use it as a model for your scenario.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @lauraj46 

I have above thought in Mind but I am checking. Is it possible to pass the parameter of customer ID individually for every customer record with Open sales order? do we need to maintain several business event send report for every customer?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I believe this would just send the sales order report (SO641010) correct? And that would then send one email for every open order, potentially spamming our customers with multiple emails each with their own attachment to open and review

We’re looking to send a single email per customer with a list of all open SO lines which the Sales Order Details by Customer report (SO611000) accomplishes quite well if you remove Start and End Date and check the Uncompleted Lines Only checkbox

We would need a way to populate the Customer ID with with only customers that have an open SO and the To field with the account email address

I have not spent time with Business Events yet - do you believe the above could be configured through business events? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yes, you can pass the customerid as a parameter to the report similar to the shipment number in the screenshot.  If you group your GI by business account then you will only have one row per customer to feed into the business event.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I believe this would just send the sales order report (SO641010) correct? And that would then send one email for every open order, potentially spamming our customers with multiple emails each with their own attachment to open and review

We’re looking to send a single email per customer with a list of all open SO lines which the Sales Order Details by Customer report (SO611000) accomplishes quite well if you remove Start and End Date and check the Uncompleted Lines Only checkbox

We would need a way to populate the Customer ID with with only customers that have an open SO and the To field with the account email address

I have not spent time with Business Events yet - do you believe the above could be configured through business events? 

https://www.crestwood.com/2020/05/18/using-business-events-with-report-attachments-in-acumatica/https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/sending-a-report-thought-a-business-event-and-import-senario/

Please refer above artilcle, as soon as you designed report or GI you can use Business event

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You would send the report SO611000 or a modification of that report.  It should take the bAccountID as a parameter.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Print/Email orders (SO502000) also appears to allow us to send each individual report, but again we’d prefer to send a single email/attachment with only the open SO lines listed 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Yes, you can pass the customerid as a parameter to the report similar to the shipment number in the screenshot.  If you group your GI by business account then you will only have one row per customer to feed into the business event.  

Technically grouping in GI will not help to configure business events as per my experience.it fails to trigger a Business event

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @kyle90 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved