Solved

Scheduling reports to email

• 8 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

I need to send a report on a Schedule in 2022 R2.

I was told that the Send Reports screen should not be used anymore.  (Although the referenced article says Automation Notifications have been changed to Business Events: https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=59d32d60-ccc5-471e-bb6a-b03ef60a3318)

This report just needs to be emailed to a person (or various people) on a scheduled basis.  The Business Event screen requires a Generic Inquiry to create a schedule but all I want to do is email the report to an email address that may not be set up in Acumatica).  This was being done with a Template on the report and then scheduling it with the Automation Schedule screen using the Send Reports screen.  Can someone confirm whether or not this is still supported as it has been working but we are upgrading them to 2022 R2 and I don’t want to run into issues that I can’t get support for.

Thanks for any information!

icon

Best answer by stephaniet98 22 June 2023, 16:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I need to send a report on a Schedule in 2022 R2.

I was told that the Send Reports screen should not be used anymore.  (Although the referenced article says Automation Notifications have been changed to Business Events: https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=59d32d60-ccc5-471e-bb6a-b03ef60a3318)

This report just needs to be emailed to a person (or various people) on a scheduled basis.  The Business Event screen requires a Generic Inquiry to create a schedule but all I want to do is email the report to an email address that may not be set up in Acumatica).  This was being done with a Template on the report and then scheduling it with the Automation Schedule screen using the Send Reports screen.  Can someone confirm whether or not this is still supported as it has been working but we are upgrading them to 2022 R2 and I don’t want to run into issues that I can’t get support for.

Thanks for any information!

Hie - did you ever get a solution for this?

Userlevel 2

I created a Business Event that is triggered by a Schedule.  

The people that needed to receive the report happened to also be set up as Vendors so I created a generic inquiry that pulls a list of Vendors that have been marked using an Attribute.  

The schedule runs and sends the report to the list of Vendors each Monday.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I created a Business Event that is triggered by a Schedule.  

The people that needed to receive the report happened to also be set up as Vendors so I created a generic inquiry that pulls a list of Vendors that have been marked using an Attribute.  

The schedule runs and sends the report to the list of Vendors each Monday.

Thank you very much. I did test the method you were using before and it seemed to still be working on 2023 R1.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved