Solved

Report Not Found Error

• 25 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have a report that I created a couple months ago that I need to make some changes to. When I click on Edit Report, I get the normal Report Designer pop-up to login. However, as soon as I login I get the error message that the report does not exist. The report runs, so I know it’s there. I just can’t figure out why I’m not able to open it in Report Designer. I haven’t had any issues with opening other reports, so it’s something with this one specifically. Has anyone else run into this or have any suggestions? Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Jennifer Douglas 26 April 2024, 15:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Have you tried opening report designer first and then selecting open from server?  

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Jennifer Douglas I have and it’s not showing up for me to select. I have no idea how/why the report is able to run if it’s not finding it in Report Designer. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

By chance did you save a copy locally?  I have the habit of saving anything that I’ve customized or created locally after losing work several times to upgrades. If you are running a domain install you may be able to find it in the folder structure. The other quirck with this reporting tool is how difficult it is to open located and open subreports.  I keep a local install of Acumatica so that I can find and open them. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Jennifer Douglas we did just upgrade a couple weeks ago, so I’m wondering if that’s what did it. This report wasn’t being used yet, so we didn’t bother testing it beforehand. After almost giving up, I was able to access it by going to one of the Acumatica created reports that I had last modified on the same day I created the custom report. For whatever reason, loading the report list while the Acumatica report was open caused my report to show up. I was able to make the needed changes and now there aren’t any issues opening it back up with the edit button. Definitely going to make sure I start saving local copies in case this happens again. Thanks for your help! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved