Solved

Report List

• 15 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

Anyone please, is it doable that these highlighted parts disappear. I want it to appear once and the next be blank for the other items when multiple items are under the same transaction. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by craig2 15 December 2022, 16:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Paula,

It’s a little tricky to describe the exact solution without seeing the group structure of your report, but I can give a general solution.

First, you need to make sure you have a Group by SO No. above your detail line.  This will allow the report to count the number of lines per SO No.

Next, you need to create a LineCount variable.  Click your detailSection1 (or whatever you named it), and in the right panel, select Variables.

Select Add, name it LineCount (or whatever you like), set the ResetGroup to group1 (this starts the count over for each SO No.), and set your ValueExp to =$LineCount +1.  This is basically just telling the Variable to keep count of the lines, starting with 1.

Finally, you need to set a Visibility Expression for the SO No. field, so it disappears whenever the Line Count is greater than 1.  Or to put it another way, only show up when the LineCount = 1.  Click on the SO No. field, and in the VisibleExpr area, set it to =$LineCount=1.

That should at least give a general idea of how to create a LineCount variable.  Variables in general can be a little tricky, but hopefully that helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks a lot Sir @craig2  ! Your explanation was neat and thanks for the screenshots as well! Appreciate your kind help!

Do you mind extending more help? I have unanswered concern here, but no one has answered yet. I’m asking about multiple column headers. After the details of 1st column header, I want the 2nd column header to follow then its details too. Now I have them in different reports because I don’t know where I should place the other column headers. I also took a photo of my report structure for you to see where I place my column header and details. Can you please help me out with this too? Thanks in advance!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved