Regarding Create Globle variable in Report Designer

• 11 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is it possible to add global variable in Acumatica Design report

Required to add global variable to use in other section of report 

Requirements 

Using one Main report and from that use sub report and access sub report value in main report in header part but facing one issue that sub report value access only where subreport control is define so in my report set subreport in Header and then i want to use that value which is return from subreport in group header so somehow currently i am not able to access value out of the section even used assign functionality also but that is also not working 

Thank you for help in advance….

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @RSHAH1! You should be able to use the subreport data if you have made it into a variable.

Using the format of $SubreportName_Variable you can grab this variable outside of where the subreport populates.

Have you already tried this?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @BenjaminCrisman 

Thank you for replay 

i tried with that way my issue is like below 
tried to access subreport variable value in header part of main report then its shows the result but as you can see in red box same variable i am trying to access in group section but its not show the result 

so hope according to below screenshot you understand my issue 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@RSHAH1 You’re right, I couldn’t get the variable to display outside the section the subreport was printing in.

What I did find though was the the variable will populate even if the subreport is not visible, so a very small subreport can be added, marked not visible, and then the variable will work:

Can that work for your situation?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman 

You are right but in this case what happen
for each and every row subreport will run in background so it might be causing the slowness issue if there is a lot of data exists…

so it will not work in this situation…

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @RSHAH1 - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved