Solved

Multple ship to locations with one sales order

• 6 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

how is the best way to handle this situation?  right now we are going in and changing the ship to address with each shipment.  but if we ever have to go back to print a previous shipment we have lost the address that it was shipped to, which loses the traceability.  there has to be an easier way.

1 sales order, with multiple ship to locations. - each line to different locations.

thanks!

icon

Best answer by DavidEichner 11 July 2023, 18:54

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Kakie 

Have you looked at using blanket sales orders?  It does provide the ability to define different ship to addresses for each line item.  It’s a little clunky because they attempted to provide 2 different functionalities (ship to address by line item PLUS shipping line items at different times in the future).

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Userlevel 5
Badge

This would make a good functionality - decoupling shipment address from SO address. Am not sure why they are linked in the first place.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I dont know why that decision was made either.  It wouldn’t have happened if I was the Product Manager. LOL

I have a follow up question:

We have customers who have multiple Ship To locations.  We use Avalara to calculate/collect sales tax.  Some of these locations are infrequent and we don’t have nexus.

Have any of you solved the issue of collecting sales tax in different States on 1 sales order?  Or on 1 invoice?  Our Acumatica support tells us that this is impossible but I can’t imagine that we are the only company to run into this problem.

Have any of you solved this?

Badge

@dmaynes @DavidEichner We need this functionality as well.
one sales order multiple ship locations with different states.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@sams This is one area of Acumatica that falls short of many ERP applications.  Even Dynamics GP which is over 30 years old has line item ship to addresses.

Badge

@DavidEichner Can we request this functionality ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@sams  Yes, under Product - Product Ideas, you just need to enter a new Product Idea and then ask others to vote for it.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved