Solved

Monthly GL Expense

• 20 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

I am trying to create an ARM report that gives me monthly expense by GL/Subaccount.

I’m running into an issue that I assume can be resolved.  We are still fairly new on Acumatica.

I want to be able to enter the period end/financial period and only populate the columns through that period.  As you can see since we have values in June already entered, how do I limit the report to only show values through this period - May 31, 2023.

I’ve created separate columns for each month and used the following as my data source:

Is this best practice for a 12 month period report and how do I limit the report to only show values through financial period entered?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 20 June 2023, 12:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

How can i prepare a report like this?

Badge +18

Hello,

Here are the examples from the above Acumatica solution:

For every column of the GL type, create a formula in the Visible Formula row with the

code shown in the following examples:

For example:

• For a column with Start Period = 01-, End Period = 01-, the formula can look like: =iif(Left(@StartPeriod,2)=1 And Left(@EndPeriod,2)>=1, True, False)
  • For a column with Start Period = 02-, End Period = 02-, the formula can look like: =iif(Left(@StartPeriod,2)=2, True, False)
  • For a column with Start Period = 03-, End Period = 03-, the formula can look like: =iif(Left(@StartPeriod,2)=3, True, False)
  • For a column with Start Period = 04-, End Period = 04-, the formula can look like: =iif(Left(@StartPeriod,2)=4, True, False)
Userlevel 2

Laura, 

I did not see this.  Will this work if I want to have a total column too?  I guess we can export out to excel and have a total column.  I’ll try it.

Thanks for the help.

Badge +18

Hello, and welcome to Acumatica! Did you notice this previous post with instructions for limiting columns that print on ARM reports using visibility formulas?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved