Solved

Limit parameter list on a Generic Inquity

• 9 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello,

I have a generic inquiry of SO Shipment Lines and I’ve added a condition that limits the Inventory Ids to only those that start with “GENPSY”.

I’ve also added a parameter for the Inventory Id to allow users to select a specific item.

My issue is that I would like for the lookup for the parameter to also only show items that start with “GENPSY”, so that users don’t have to look through the entire stock item list.

Is it possible to filter a parameter?

This is my parameter:

These are my conditions:

On the results screen, I would like for the parameter lookup to only show items that start with “GENPSY”:

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 9 February 2023, 17:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @donnadeskins55 

Apply filter for Inventory ID will work in some cases only, did you verified option “contains” or else Update Inventory ID With starting fix for “GENPSY” Items Like G- SKUO1, G-SKUO2, Then start with filter works.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @donnadeskins55! In this case you wouldn’t be able to filter the selector based on the the beginning of the inventory item unfortunately.

To filter the contents of the selector the field being used for the lookup would already need to have it’s contents filtered prior to being used in the GI, so it would require a custom table to accomplish it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks @BenjaminCrisman.

Disappointing, but I appreciate the info 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@donnadeskins55 One other option is to switch to the ComboBox parameter type.  This would allow you to manually enter the individual GENPSY items you wish to allow selection from.  

The downside to this solution is the list must be manually maintained as new GENPSY items are added to the system. The other downside is the dropdown list does not allow lookup or filtering on other criteria, it would simply be a dropdown box of all items and their description.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved