• 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi-

We have tons of sales orders created today (8/8/23):

When I filter by ‘Created On’ equals 08/08/2023 I get the proper records:

I also get the proper results when clicking ‘Today’ under the filter:

However, I get zero results when filtering by Created On = @Today

This filter is required in order to make a dashboard (same results can be seen by making a dashboard widget with the @today filter). Does anyone know why @Today does not aggregate results that pertain to todays date? Is there a change that needs to be made to the column in the GI setup?

Appreciate any help!!

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 8 August 2023, 20:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Edit: 

Workaround I found ‘Today’ under the ‘Conditions’ column on the Dashboard widget.

‘Today’ is a value, not a condition, so this does not make any sense why it is here:

Badge +11

I’m guessing this is because the first two methods you mentioned do not take time of day into account. If I’m not mistaken, @Today on this very date would equal 8/8/2023 12:00 AM. If you use this value in an equals comparison, no records will match because none were created at 12:00 AM.

You can, however, use the is between comparison with value 1 being @Today and value 2 being @Today + 1 (tomorrow at 12:00 AM)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @xkylewrightx ,

You can refer to the screenshot below to set the value for today's date.

It will accurately filter out the date for today.

Regards,

Sweat

Userlevel 5
Badge

@darylbowman 

I believe this is the correct explanation, however @today → @today-1 still does not match any records.

The problem with using condition Today in the dashboard, as below, is that the drilldown does not work because this is not valid in the GI.

Still not seeing a valid way to create this filter

Badge +11

Are you saying you tried exactly what is below and it’s not working?

I wouldn’t expect ‘is between @Today  |  @Today-1’ to work because I’m guessing it’s expecting value 2 to be greater than value 1. Additionally, even if this did work, it would display records from yesterday, which isn’t what you asked for above.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@darylbowman Whoops typo @today → @today+1 works. Appreciate the help. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved