Solved

Is there a way to get current weekID in a Generic Inquiry?

• 5 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi All,

I want to add a condition to a generic inquiry to filter timecards created on last week. To do that I think that I would need to compare EPTimeCard.WeekID with current WeekId. Is there a way to populate Value field of GI with current WeekID ?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 5 December 2022, 12:52

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @cmetzger. Thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Corrected. Your mileage may vary.

=Year(DateAdd(Today(),'d',-6-DayOfWeek(Today()))) * 100 +
Floor( DateDiff('d',
DateAdd(CDate('1/1/'+Year(DateAdd(Today(),'d',-6-DayOfWeek(Today())))),'d',7 *
Round(DayOfWeek(CDate('1/1/'+Year(DateAdd(Today(),'d',-6-DayOfWeek(Today())))))/7,0)
)
DateAdd(Today(),'d',-6-DayOfWeek(Today()))
) / 7 )
+ 1

Userlevel 3
Badge

Here is a better way to calculate WeekID in Acumatica. The end of the year gives the wrong number using the first method.

=DateAdd(Year(DateAdd(Today(),'d',-6-DayOfWeek(Today()))) * 100 ) +
Floor(
DateDiff('d',
Round(
DayOfWeek(CDate('1/1/'+DayOfYear(DateAdd(Today(),'d',-6-DayOfWeek(Today())))))/7,0
),
DateAdd(Today(),'d',-6-DayOfWeek(Today()))
) / 7
)
+ 1

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@greglang Great!. Thanks for sharing

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

This is how I’ve done it in GI’s for This or Last weeks Timecards. 

=IIf([AllWeeks] = 'Last' , [LastWeekStart], iif([AllWeeks] = 'Current' ,[ThisWeekStart],'' ))

Userlevel 3
Badge

This formula will generate a WeekID. It uses DateAdd() and DayOfWeek() to get last week’s Monday, then uses that Monday to calculate the week number.

The formula cannot be used as a default value in a GI parameter, however it CAN be used as a GI condition or the default value in a report parameter.

Excel VBA

=Year(DateAdd("d", -6 - Weekday(Date, 2), Date)) * 100 + Application.WorksheetFunction.Floor(DateDiff("d", CDate("1/1/" & Year(DateAdd("d", -6 - Weekday(Date, 2), Date))), DateAdd("d", -6 - Weekday(Date, 2), Date)) / 7) + 1

Acumatica

=Year(DateAdd(Today(),'d', -6 - DayOfWeek(Today()))) * 100 + Floor(DayOfYear(DateAdd(Today(),'d', -6 - DayOfWeek(Today()))) / 7) + 1

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga  Thank you. I will try it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@charithalakshan49  I don’t think we can get the WeekID value in the Generic Inquiry but can get the StartWeek OR EndWeek like below.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved