Solved

Is it possible to create a parameter on a free text field?

• 25 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I’m looking to create an easy way for our sales people to filter sales order based on info in the order description. 

Since that is a free text field, is it possible to create a parameter on a GI for it? 

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 26 July 2023, 17:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes, you can use “Contains” which is equivalent of SQL LIKE operator for your purpose 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Jeff96 You can add a parameter for a description field, then add a condition to use Contains instead of Equals and you’ll be able to enter full or partial text to get matches:

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Jeff96 You can add a parameter for a description field, then add a condition to use Contains instead of Equals and you’ll be able to enter full or partial text to get matches:

Thank you! Can I make it not required? Although the required checkbox is unchecked, it doesn’t show any results unless I enter something in the parameter box

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You can remove the required checkbox from the “Parameter” then in the “Filter” do as follow:

( YourPM is Empty OR

DAC.Field Contains YourPM ) 

You can have more filter conditions outside the opening and closing brackets as shown above if you need.

It will work

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

You can remove the required checkbox from the “Parameter” then in the “Filter” do as follow:

( YourPM is Empty OR

DAC.Field Contains YourPM ) 

You can have more filter conditions outside the opening and closing brackets as shown above if you need.

It will work

Is empty will not display anything since they are not empty.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Jeff96 Make sure that the conditions are in brackets and there is OR operator instead of AND.

So in my example the parameter and condition looked like this:

Text Parameter
Conditions

If yours looks like this it should work, if not, paste a screenshot so we can see it

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thank you! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved