Solved

Invalid object name 'InventoryTranHistEnqFilter' in Generic Inquiry

• 18 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear ALL,

I created Generic Inquiry using “InventoryTranHistEnqFilter” table. But when I pressed “VIEW INQUIRY” to see the result it gave error “Invalid object name 'InventoryTranHistEnqFilter'”.

Please explain the cause of the error and help how to fix it !

Many thanks !

NNT

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 18 June 2022, 06:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @nhatnghetinh The DAC - InventoryTranHistEnqFilter is a virtual DAC, where this table does not exist in the database, hence when you click on the VIEW INQUIRY, it is trying to fetch the details from the database and gives us the error.

Instead, you can use below DACs/Tables and hoping you will get the required information.

1. INItemSiteHistD
  2. INItemSiteHist

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear @Naveen Boga

I saw Inquiries “Inventory Transaction History” (IN.40.50.00) use this DAC - InventoryTranHistEnqFilter and it worked fine.

Can you help me to know why this Inquiries “Inventory Transaction History” works when using DAC - InventoryTranHistEnqFilter while Generic Inquiry can’t.

Thanks,

NNT

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @nhatnghetinh  Yes, that is correct.

In the Inventory Transaction History screen, all the values are dynamically calculated and displayed on the screen but they will NOT fetch from the database.

In Generic Inquiry, when we do VIEW INQUIRY, the system will try to fetch the details from the database and since the table is not present in the database, hence it is throwing an error.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear @Naveen Boga,

How to know DAC and virtual DAC in Generic Inquiry/Table Name ?

Thanks,

NNT

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @nhatnghetinh 

You cannot able to know whether the DAC is Virtual DAC/Table OR Database DAC/Table.

But, if you can able to know if you the VIEWs in Graph file and DAC fields like below.

• Click on the Inspect Element
  • click on the Actions DropDown
  • You can see options like Data Class Source code and Business Logic Source Code

In the Inventory Transaction History screen header, the DAC view is FILTER, which can help us to enter the data and the results will be displayed in the GRID.

After entering the details in the Header fields, the system is fetching the data from multiple tables like INTran, INTranSplit, etc. You can create a GI for this table but not for the InventoryTranHistEnqFilter DAC.

Header DAC

GRID DAC:

GRID DAC

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved