Solved

Impact on URL: Dashboard Parameters vs Generic Inquiry Paremeters

• 28 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I have a dashboard to display on 20+ kiosk TV screens on our shop floor.  We are attempting to show the Moves that were completed for today to show how much progress is being made.  I have a generic inquiry that displays the columns needed and the only parameter is the Work Center (each TV screen will have a different parameter value for the appropriate work center).

I can get my kiosk software to automatically pull up a generic inquiry for the correct work center by adding “&WorkCenter=SUB3” to the URL to be displayed on the TV screen:

Dashboard Parameters, however, do not add the “&WorkCenter=SUB3” when a dashboard-level parameter is entered in:

Therefore, I have no way to get my kiosk software to display the Moves by work center by using the same dashboard.  I would have to create 20+ dashboards, each specific to a work center.

Anybody have creative ideas for how to utilize one dashboard but be able to pull up each work center (parameter) via a different URL like I can with Generic Inquiry?

icon

Best answer by danielklumpp 28 December 2023, 23:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Actually think I stumbled on the answer.  If you go to your browser’s dev tools, you can use the iframe, and it looks like the iframe recognizes when you plug in a dashboard-level parameter value.  Hopefully this is helpful to someone out there!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @danielklumpp!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

So the iframe does not work for dashboards (I have used iframes to display generic inquiries with parameters successfully).  I holds the “&WorkCenter=SUB3” in the URL until you get past the login, then the parameter value disappears from the URL.  I have attempted using Javascript to manually put the SUB3 parameter value into the paremeter ElementID, but not having success - probably don’t know how to do it.  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thank you @danielklumpp  for sharing the solution. I was just going to look at this for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

URL Parameters for Dashboards would be a great Acumatica Idea.  

If you would be willing to writeup your experience you can place it in an Idea here:

https://community.acumatica.com/topic/new?type=idea

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I added an idea here:

Please upvote if you feel this is a good idea.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved