Solved

Impact on URL: Dashboard Parameters vs Generic Inquiry Paremeters

• 28 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I have a dashboard to display on 20+ kiosk TV screens on our shop floor.  We are attempting to show the Moves that were completed for today to show how much progress is being made.  I have a generic inquiry that displays the columns needed and the only parameter is the Work Center (each TV screen will have a different parameter value for the appropriate work center).

I can get my kiosk software to automatically pull up a generic inquiry for the correct work center by adding “&WorkCenter=SUB3” to the URL to be displayed on the TV screen:

Dashboard Parameters, however, do not add the “&WorkCenter=SUB3” when a dashboard-level parameter is entered in:

Therefore, I have no way to get my kiosk software to display the Moves by work center by using the same dashboard.  I would have to create 20+ dashboards, each specific to a work center.

Anybody have creative ideas for how to utilize one dashboard but be able to pull up each work center (parameter) via a different URL like I can with Generic Inquiry?

icon

Best answer by danielklumpp 28 December 2023, 23:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I added an idea here:

Please upvote if you feel this is a good idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

URL Parameters for Dashboards would be a great Acumatica Idea.  

If you would be willing to writeup your experience you can place it in an Idea here:

https://community.acumatica.com/topic/new?type=idea

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thank you @danielklumpp  for sharing the solution. I was just going to look at this for you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

So the iframe does not work for dashboards (I have used iframes to display generic inquiries with parameters successfully).  I holds the “&WorkCenter=SUB3” in the URL until you get past the login, then the parameter value disappears from the URL.  I have attempted using Javascript to manually put the SUB3 parameter value into the paremeter ElementID, but not having success - probably don’t know how to do it.  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @danielklumpp!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Actually think I stumbled on the answer.  If you go to your browser’s dev tools, you can use the iframe, and it looks like the iframe recognizes when you plug in a dashboard-level parameter value.  Hopefully this is helpful to someone out there!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved