Solved

How to separate multi-select attributes in the database?

• 11 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have few attributes with multi-select control type.

Attribute

However, when multiple values are selected, the values are concatenated in the database. 

Below is a database snapshot: 

Db snapshot

We have a GI that is using this attribute as a parameter. We would like to filter based on individual attribute and not look for a specific combination. It doesn’t work right now as it keeps looking for a specific combination of attributes 

Is there a way to store this differently in the database or a way to separate them?

icon

Best answer by RohitRattan88 16 August 2023, 15:41

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kanupindi 

Have you tried using “Contains” condition on this attribute in your Inquiry?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @RohitRattan88 , we are using this attribute as a parameter. Is there a way to implement contains condition on the parameter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You would create the parameter, then use that parameter in the condition

For example:

​​

Here’s the result:

Attached GI for your review.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@RohitRattan88  - I do have the parameters set up in the conditions tab as well (similar to your screenshot). However, when individual values are selected in the GI - it does not display any records. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kanupindi 

Please share your GI for review

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @RohitRattan88 , please see attached. thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kanupindi 

I modified your GI to add a multi-select attribute as a parameter. Seems to work fine for me. Please review and test.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @RohitRattan88 , thank you for the feedback. The multi- select works for us as well. But our concern here is each account has different attributes selected. So when we use the multi-select - it always looks for that combination.

example: Account ABC - has attributes : Pencils, pen, notebook
Account XYZ - has attributes: Pencils, Bottle
When we just select pencils  - it does not display ABC or XYZ unless you have all the attributes selected. 

We want acumatica to recognize each attribute as a unique selector and not look for the same combination - but unsure how to do that

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kanupindi 

Is your condition a “Contains” or equal.

I reviewed GI I posted above again and it seems to be behaving the way you wish:

Hi @RohitRattan88 , thank you for the feedback. The multi- select works for us as well. But our concern here is each account has different attributes selected. So when we use the multi-select - it always looks for that combination.

example: Account ABC - has attributes : Pencils, pen, notebook
Account XYZ - has attributes: Pencils, Bottle
When we just select pencils  - it does not display ABC or XYZ unless you have all the attributes selected. 

We want acumatica to recognize each attribute as a unique selector and not look for the same combination - but unsure how to do that

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved