Solved

How to print parameter start financial period in the ARM column set

• 14 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

How to print parameter start financial period in the ARM. for example when i run this report, report parameter financial period is 09-2023, then i want to print 09 as value in the column set. i’ve tried different formula, but it didn’t work. i’ve added ARM report xml file in attachment. 

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 14 March 2023, 23:45

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

This formula worked for me in Demo.

=Left(Report.FormatPeriod(@StartPeriod, -2),2)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Laura02,

Thanks for your quick respond to my post. appreciate your help.

Actually i want to add a calculative field (YTD/End period) to calculate monthly average spend. but in this case when i added your formula in below section then it’s giving error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

try 

=CInt(Replace(Trim(Substring(@StartPeriod, 0, 2)), '-', ''))

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sorry, I missed the second request. In your case, if you want to get avg monthly Actual YTD then try:

=F/CInt(Replace(Trim(Substring(@StartPeriod, 0, 2)), '-', '')) 

But I guess you should be going by @EndPeriod, not the Start Period.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @aaghaei and @Laura02 

Thanks a lot for your help.

really appreciate your help.

Now this has been solved after adding below formula in the column set and now it’s correctly printing startperiod value based on the period selected in the parameter and then i used another calculation to print average month spend, which is  (YTD Actual / Start period value).

=CInt(Trim(Left(Report.FormatPeriod(@StartPeriod, ), 2)))

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Glad you could make it work.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved