Solved

How to print Attribute Value ID and Description

• 22 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I created a custom Attribute for an Inventory Item.  I want to print both the Value ID and the Description on the Report.

0001 Ryan Harris

When i select the attribute from the Inventory Item.  It only prints the Description.  How can i get both to print on my report?

icon

Best answer by sweta68 23 August 2023, 07:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @sspencer ,

I believe, you need to join InventoryItem table to CSAnswers by NoteID and then further join CSAttributeDetail table by AttributeID and Value.

Then extract value and description fields from CSAttributeDetail table.

Hope, it helps!

Regards,

Sweta

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Alternatively, if you don’t want to make the join you can use this formula =Concat(ATTR_user,’’)

This works because the value that is saved is the AttributeID, but for visual representattion it switches it to the descripción. If you “Trick” the system by using the Concat function it will take the AttributeID directly.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@miguel80 To follow up what Miguel is saying, this is a way of calling the database value for something versus calling in the UI value (which sometimes is different).

Take a date field for example, if you call the date field into the GI results you may not see the time stamp on it, not to mention the date will correspond to the UI time zone selected for the user.

If on the GI, instead of selecting just the field (ex. ARInvoice |  DocDate), you can use =[ARInvoice.DocDate] and this will show what is stored in SQL for that field, which will show the time stamp also.

This is important to factor in if you are using other expressions and the end result may not = what you think it does since just by using the field in an expression you are forcing the SQL value, so in that sense, for a date of 8/25/2023 you would instead see 08/25/2023 12:00:00 AM (assuming it has a null time stamp).

Otherwise @sweta68 has provided what should be needed to get the right result, did these responses fix the issue for you?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @miguel80, what does ATTR_user represent?

If I have an Attribute ID called EQUIPTYPE with a list of Value ID’s such as:

AIR

AIRAC

CWB

What would your formula look like?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

=Concat(ATTR_user,’’)

The “ATTR_user” is the name of the field as it appears in the selection tree.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved