Question

How to join PMProject & PMRevenueBudget tables?

• 28 October 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello all,
i have been trying to create a join between PMProject & PMRevenueBudget tables but not able to do so. Can anyone guide me out in establishing join between these 2 tables? Tried it via PMProjectRevenueTotal, PMTask but didn’t get the required results.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Harshita  Have you tried with ADD RELATED TABLE option in the Generic Inquiry?

This feature is very helpful, when we don’t know the relations between the tables. I just tired with this option, please find the screenshot below and hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Harshita  Have you tried with ADD RELATED TABLE option in the Generic Inquiry?

This feature is very helpful, when we don’t know the relations between the tables. I just tired with this option, please find the screenshot below and hope this helps.

Hello @Naveen Boga , yes i did try this, I have been trying to modify the PL list of the projects screen where we already have PMProject table, but when I try to join PMRevenueBudget to PMProject it shows the following:

And the inquiry doesn’t run up:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I see there is an issue with the joins hence you are seeing this issue @Harshita 

Please share the GI here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I see there is an issue with the joins hence you are seeing this issue @Harshita 

Please share the GI here.

Hello @Naveen Boga it is the basic Projects PL screen GI from the Sales Demo instance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Harshita I am unsure what are you trying to achieve but note PM3010PL is meant to show only the list of the projects. If you alter this GI and join it with PMRevenueBudget you will see each project multiple times depending on the number of PMRevenueBudget records of each project.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Harshita I am unsure what are you trying to achieve but note PM3010PL is meant to show only the list of the projects. If you alter this GI and join it with PMRevenueBudget you will see each project multiple times depending on the number of PMRevenueBudget records of each project.

Hello @aaghaei ,

Basically I have been trying the below scenario:

I have added the

PMProjectRevenueTotal.CuryRevisedAmount. But if the Include CO checkbox is selected, the field doesn't include the calculated amount. As below: 

When Include CO checkbox isn't selected :

And the report shows the following amount:

Now when I active the checkbox, the amount changes to,:

But the report still displays:9,862,000

How can I get this done?,

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Harshita Joining or not joining the Project with its revenue budget has nothing to do with Change Order checkbox. What you are doing just will mess up the Project PL. What you are showing is Change request not Change Order. When a CR become CO and released system will automatically show it with checking un-checking that checkbox.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Harshita Joining or not joining the Project with its revenue budget has nothing to do with Change Order checkbox. What you are doing just will mess up the Project PL. What you are showing is Change request not Change Order. When a CR become CO and released system will automatically show it with checking un-checking that checkbox.

Hello @aaghaei ,
I tried this out but it doesn’t change the amount. The above screenshots of the report are from the Change Request form.
And as per the help file:
Contract Total : The sum of the original budgeted amounts of all the revenue budget lines of the project if the Include CO check box is cleared, or the sum of the revised budgeted amounts of all the revenue budget lines of the project if the Include CO check box is selected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That is correct and it is what I said. Export the Project Revenue Budget into Excel and check the Original Budgeted Amount & Revised Budgeted Amount (See below screenshot for your reference) totals. The first should agree to the PO unchecked and second to the PO checked. If they are not agreeing then you have a corrupted data and create a case. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

That is correct and it is what I said

Yes, but the report doesn’t change the figures whenever “Include CO” checkbox is selected. So I assume, maybe a logic can be applied:

if Include CO = true then,

it should display the SUM (Revised budgeted amounts)
else

SUM (original budgeted amounts).
But then checked out no joins are there that can be established directly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I am not sure what you mean by “Report”. I am referring to the project profile. I edited the previous reply to add more context. please read that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

That is correct and it is what I said. Export the Project Revenue Budget into Excel and check the Original Budgeted Amount & Revised Budgeted Amount (See below screenshot for your reference) totals. The first should agree to the PO unchecked and second to the PO checked. If they are not agreeing then you have a corrupted data and create a case. 

So does this mean that the figures should update with whatever values it displays regardless of the Include CO checked/unchecked ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If not checked then should show “Original Budgeted Amount” and if checked Revised Budgeted Amount. If this is not the case in PM301000 screen then create a case as you have corrupted data.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

If not checked then should show “Original Budgeted Amount” and if checked Revised Budgeted Amount. If this is not the case in PM301000 screen then create a case as you have corrupted data.

And also it displays the correct figure in the Projects (PM301000) form under Summary tab

when unchecked
when checked

I tried to display these figures in the Change Request form (PM643500)

And the report doesn’t display the figure which the Project screen displays when the checkbox is selected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Harshita I am not sure I underestand you. You start with GI, then go to Projects profile and Primary List, and now end up in reports. Hopefully others can assist. Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Harshita were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved