Solved

How to get the number of Printouts of a Report

• 30 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I want to add a “Duplicate” tag to all the printouts of a report except the first one.

If this is the first printout.

all the other printouts of the same report should be like,

does anyone know how to do this in report designer?

Thank you,

Regards.

icon

Best answer by DavidEichner 30 December 2022, 20:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Depending on the report, you need to look and see if there is a Printed field or some kind of status field that would indicate it has already been printed once before.  In looking at the Shipment record, there is no such field so you would need to customize the DAC with a field labeled something like Printed in a boolean datatype.  Additionally, you would need to add code that changes the value of Printed custom field to True after printing occurs.  Once that is in place, you would be able to use Report Designer to show the Duplicate image when that Printed field value is True.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @DavidEichner,

Thank you for the guidance. I will try that way.

thanks again,

regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@RManathungage94

This article was created the same day as your inquiry. It may be additionally helpful

How to print a text or an image indicating an invoice is being reprinted | Community (acumatica.com)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@RManathungage94 , I accomplished this by using the Audi to track / count the number of times the Shipment confirmation was printed. 
There is a field on the SOShipment called ConfirmationPrinted that we setup to be audited. 
Then I used the information from this article to count the prints. 
https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2019/02/how-to-count-number-of-prints-in-acumatica.html
I had to adjust the length in the joins to use the correct field length. 

Then in the report designer, I did this as the field
=iif(Count ( [PrintRecords.BatchID]) >1 , ' REPRINT' , 'PRINT')

The field ConfirmationPrinted couldn’t be used as it is getting set just prior to the printing of the form.
This initially only works when printed from the Shipments or Process Shipments & not from the Printed forms, SO642000. The printed forms does not set the flag,  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved