Question

How to create a generic inquiry that links RelationGroup to Users?

• 23 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I would like to create my own generic inquiry that links the RelationGroup table to the Users table - I’m guessing that there is an intermediate table that I haven’t found yet.  The goal is to have a generic inquiry that gives me all the restriction groups that the users belong to.  If you have managed to do this, I would be grateful if you could share some insights!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MarciaW 

I created a Generic inquiry long ago for one of my requirements.

Could you please check if this helps

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @manikantad18 

Thank you so much, I did see your post, and I did test this generic inquiry, thank you for sharing it.  Unfortunately this isn’t working correctly, it is showing every user as having access to every RelationGroup.  It is because of the way it is linked, there is no PKID for users in the RelationGroup:

The block in red needs to show a field from the RelationGroup table, and there doesn’t seem to be anything there that is shared with the Users Table.  If I find a solution, I will let you know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

What determines the membership to a specific group is the “GroupMask” field that to the best of my knowledge only with code you can decipher it. Code is not complicated but then you will need a screen for it to display the result as you can not use GI. the code that identifies the relation is something like “PX.SM.UserAccess.IsIncluded(Base.Users.Current.GroupMask, RelationGroup)”

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @MarciaW were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved