Question

How do create a relation that will join only one of several rows?

• 22 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I want to join ARInvoice to FSBillHistory.  Sometimes I get two returns for one ARInvoice RefNbr, depending on if there are two appointments billed to the one invoice.

There must be a way to use relations to grab only one of the two (or possibly more than two) returns.

I have tried using First([X]) = [X] , Max([X]) = ([X]) (can’t because of aggregate).  There must be a way to relate the join to provide only one return per match.  Can anyone help??

-David

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @dgross ! As @Anacarina Calvo  mentioned grouping can be a good option unless you are trying to show an amount of only one of the lines to be returned.

Otherwise what you’ll need to do is join a second time the FSBillHistory table (giving it a new alias) and probably do a join to the original FSBillHistory table where the CreatedDateTime is < or > than the other CreatedDateTime.

Here is a recent post where we accomplished something similar but relating to Sales Orders and Shipments with the need being to show the first shipment on the order:

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @dgross 
Have you tried using Grouping? you can group by ARInvoice.RefNbr

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved