Solved

GI - Ship To Address

• 5 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am trying to create a generic inquiry that includes SO#, Line Item P/N, ship to date, and the ship to address from the shipment. I’m able to get all fields that I need only it is listing each SO# an infinite amount of times with differing information under the Address Line 1. When I remove the AddressLine1 from the results grid, the issue goes away - so I know it is an issue related to that. Any ideas? I’m sure it is something simple I am missing but I’ve stared at it for far too long at this point. Note - there is only 1 item on SO000002.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 5 October 2022, 22:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mpowell ! You’ll want to make sure your joins are using all possible key linking fields.

So for SOOrder, this is OrderType and OrderNbr, but I only see OrderNbr listed.

For more help with getting better joins I recommend to check the Merged DAC Relations screen (SM402000) and enter a table which will show you the key linking fields to use, then you can click the associated table and find more fields and joins which can be joined to this table.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for getting back to me so quick Benjamin! I’m just now starting to dabble in GIs (this being the most extensive one I’ve done so far). Doesn’t look like I have security permissions to view the Merged DAC Relations so may reach out to our partner for help on this one. I’m not familiar enough with “joins” to set them up correctly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@mpowell without access to either the Merged DAC Relations screen or the Source Code screen (SM204570 but these may require the Customizer role) it might be hard to find the primary keys to use for linking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mpowell 

You don’t necessarily need DAC access. Acumatica has added a feature on the GI screen that shows related tables, and that may help you. There is also an Add Relations that will help with data fields relations. 

Here is also help on the the table joins for you:

I would also suggest reviewing the course on the Open University:

https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/reporting/end-user-course-data-retrieval-and-analysis/

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mpowell 

Attaching the Generic inquiry which gives some reference of the table Join

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved