Solved

GI results grid lines are deleting after a certain period

• 24 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have created a GI. Then I added a customized field to the results grid. It works perfectly. But after some time, that Line on the results grid was automatically deleted. I added again that line to the GI. But as earlier, it will get deleted after some time.  Is there a particular reason for that?

Thanks

Regards 

icon

Best answer by chris49 24 February 2023, 07:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @adharmawansha22 ,

I have not heard of any functionality that removes lines from the results grid before, I actually don’t think such functionality exists. 
I have a suspision that someone might be overriding your GI occasionally. 

To get to the bottom of this, I would enable the Audit logs on the GI and it’s associated objects, which will give you some insight as to what/who has removed the custom fields you’ve added. 

User Security > Preferences > Audit
Add a new line, and then complete the form. You’re most likely interested in the GIRESULT table specifically, but you can tick any of the tables & field combinations you find interesting to track.

Userlevel 4
Badge

After enabling the audit logs, and you notice that the custom fields are gone again, go to User Security > Inquiries > Audit History.

Then pull up the Audit you’ve enabled, and look at who edited the line number of your GI. In this example I deleted line number 4 from the result set.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved