Question

Filter Employee Prepayments (Checks and Payments) based on the user logged in.

• 15 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, 

We create advance payments to employees using the checks and payments form. 

We need a dashboard element, where it shows the open prepayments made for that particular  employee. Thought we could do it from the @me function but we cannot make the relevant mapping. 

Is there a way we can do this?

Thank you!

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello,

With Row-Level Security - Restriction Groups, we can link Employees to Records like Vendors.

I think you will need one restriction group for each employee, linking them to their own vendor ID only.

Read the HELP for restriction Types… I think you want Direct Restriction as shown above (A), but Restriction Group Types can be very tricky so please DO read the help to make sure of correct group type then test thoroughly (log in as multiple users) before rolling out your changes.

This solution will not work for employees who need to see all Vendors - such as AP workers.  Though a different type of Restriction Group such as Inverse may work for the Accounting/Purchasing workers who should see most vendors but not employee-vendors.

When you filter with restriction groups, we don’t have any way to hide only the one document type of Prepayment.

Next investigate using Roles/Access Rights to see if one document type may be hidden. Keep in mind, if the Role/Access Rights can hide Prepayment type, then the User will see no Prepayments… all will be hidden including her own.

Depending on your situation and how far you succeed with restriction groups and roles, a customization may be needed.  To hide only Prepayments that belong to other employees, show prepayments that belong to regular vendors, and at the same time to show other document types like Expense receipts that belong to these same employees may require a customization.

It’s complicated!   I hope this information helps you.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved