Question

Easypost Tracking URL Won't Print

Userlevel 1

We added the trackingurl we receive from Easypost onto a shipment confirmation document.  This prints as a link perfectly when we have just one box.  If the shipment has two boxes, I cannot get this to print at all.  I’m thinking it may be how the table joins are setup, and we’ve tried several variations with the same results.

Any suggestions will be greatly apprecaited.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We don’t use easypost, just the native worldship and stamps.com integrations. In these integrations the tracking numbers are generated for each package in a shipment, but no links are created.

We have a customization that converts those tracking numbers into a link using the ship via codes screen and the shipments screen. Basically to create the link, the first part of the URL is imputed into each ship via which is associated to each carrier. Then the URL is generated by copying that first part of the URL and then copying the tracking number from line 1 from the shipment package details screen. 

This is a pretty simple customization to do and works great for emailing customers their tracking number.

With your setup, you may only need the customization on the shipments screen. 

Or, if this is just for a report, you may be able to specify in a formula to print only line nbr 1. I’m not in report designer at the moment, so I’m not sure if that is a solution.

Tracking number link defined in ship via codes
Final URL: Green is defined in the ship via and yellow is the copied tracking number

Userlevel 1

I’ve tried to print when $LineNbr=1 and that does not work.  The issue isn’t a link - when it prints, it’s a link that works fine.  The issue is that it doesn’t print anything if there are two or more items.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

The “tracking number links” field is available in the sopackagedetails table? And you want this field to show up in the header of a report?

Adding a field from this table into the header worked fine in my test report. It pulled the first item from the table without any filters.  One note is that the first package may not have a line nbr of 1 if the original line 1 was deleted, so that visibility filter will not work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Are there any groupings in the report you are using? And if so have you tried using the different aggregate functions?

If you are able to share the report or even screenshot part of it that might help track down what is causing the issue. 

Userlevel 1

It’s a report where I am not listing all the items that were shipped individually.  If I shipped 10 of the same item, I am showing that item once with a ship count of 10.  So I don’t need all 10 tracking numbers.  I want just the tracking URL which links all tracking numbers together.  I’m going to look into building a subreport that searches for SOShipmentNbr and provides the tracking url, then link that to the main report.  I can easily recreate the report you show above, but it’s not what I’m looking for.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @steveruss  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Not really.  I can get the url to appear but not every time.  It certainly has something to do with my joins within the report.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved