Solved

Displaying Attribute values in Report

• 10 October 2023
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello Community,
I have been trying to get the details under the Attributes tab displayed in the Subcontract SF (SC641000) report. I Have added the following Text Box in the Report designer, but still the value isn’t getting displayed in the report:

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 21 October 2023, 01:00

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Harshita I don’t even see the first part of that expression printing, so it might be that this report is not really intended to be modified.

Have you made other modifications which are showing up, or just this one?

Additionally, what does the join look like you are using to bring in CSAnswers?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Harshita I don’t even see the first part of that expression printing, so it might be that this report is not really intended to be modified.

Have you made other modifications which are showing up, or just this one?

Additionally, what does the join look like you are using to bring in CSAnswers?

Hello @BenjaminCrisman , I did tried to display the other values, but still the same. Also, I found out that the values are getting mapped with a ‘$’ sign as a prefix.

Not getting the logic behind this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Harshita As a follow up I checked the report and it looks like the issue is that CSAnswers is already joined to Vendor, so the recommendation would be to make an additional join from POOrder to CSAnswers on NoteID = RefNoteID, and give the CSAnswers table an Alias:

Then use the Alias field on the report, this worked for me:

SubcontractAtt is my Alias, added to report
Attribute seen on SC

The Value is displaying as the number result of which selections were made in the Attribute configuration (mine are numbered 1, 2, 3..etc but they have different descriptions)

If you want the descriptions to display you’ll need to join in CSAttributeDetail to see these

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Harshita As a follow up I checked the report and it looks like the issue is that CSAnswers is already joined to Vendor, so the recommendation would be to make an additional join from POOrder to CSAnswers on NoteID = RefNoteID, and give the CSAnswers table an Alias:

Attribute seen on SC

The Value is displaying as the number result of which selections were made in the Attribute configuration (mine are numbered 1, 2, 3..etc but they have different descriptions)

If you want the descriptions to display you’ll need to join in CSAttributeDetail to see these

Hey @BenjaminCrisman , now that works. Also how shall i join CSAttributeDetail to? Also not getting the point as to why the Attributes are to be joined from POOrder table.
Thank you soo much for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Attribute seen on SC

I am also looking to display the values 1,2 in 2 separate lines. Would that be possible to do so?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Harshita You are linking CSAnswers to POOrder because POORder is what subcontracts are, really they are just purchase orders, so we use POOrder when referencing them in reporting.

You can join CSAnswers to CSAttribute on AttributeID = AttributeID, then join CSAttribute to CSAttributeDetail also on AttributeID = AttributeID.

Lastly you can display them on separate lines, but you would need to adjust the expression probably or at least make the text box force the next line by limiting the display size and enabling Multiline = True for the text box.

Might also want to include CanGrow = True so that it would be one line if there was only one attribute but drop down to be two lines for 2 attributes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Harshita You are linking CSAnswers to POOrder because POORder is what subcontracts are, really they are just purchase orders, so we use POOrder when referencing them in reporting.

You can join CSAnswers to CSAttribute on AttributeID = AttributeID, then join CSAttribute to CSAttributeDetail also on AttributeID = AttributeID.

Lastly you can display them on separate lines, but you would need to adjust the expression probably or at least make the text box force the next line by limiting the display size and enabling Multiline = True for the text box.

Might also want to include CanGrow = True so that it would be one line if there was only one attribute but drop down to be two lines for 2 attributes.

So one last ques 🤓,  here I am trying to join the tables:

Now trying to display the Attribute Description and the selected value under the Attribute tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Harshita From the images it looks like you didn’t join CSAnswers Alias, but the regular CSAnswers.

You’ll need to include the Alias value SubcontractAtt in the Parent Alias of CSAnswers join to CSAttribute

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Harshita , I have also found that if any field used in the value is blank, then the entire field does not print. 
from your example, 
=’Binding’ +  [CSAnswers.AtrributeID]+[CSAnswers.Value] 

will not show the word Binding if either field is null. 
You have to conditionalize the fields if you want the word Binding to print. like this:

=’Binding’ + iif(  [CSAnswers.AtrributeID]<>null,[CSAnswers.AtrributeID] ,’’)+iif ( [CSAnswers.Value] <>null, [CSAnswers.Value],‘’) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @BenjaminCrisman  & @wfilipiak67 ,
It really worked as expected, but just one thing here is getting stuck is displaying the data into different lines. Since, I have selected 2 values under the Attributes tab → Values column, Report is only able to display one of those lines. 

This is it what I tried:

What am I missing here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Harshita , 
When I want to force data onto multiple lines, I use the ‘{br}’ to force a new line. 
This is what the address fields do on forms like the Sales Order, SO641010.rpx.
Like this: 
+IIf([CompanyAddress.AddressLine1]<> null, [CompanyAddress.AddressLine1] + '{br}', '')
+IIf([CompanyAddress.AddressLine2]<>null,[CompanyAddress.AddressLine2] + '{br}','')

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Harshita Can you show the joins being used? Are you sure Att table is populating data?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Harshita , 
When I want to force data onto multiple lines, I use the ‘{br}’ to force a new line. 
This is what the address fields do on forms like the Sales Order, SO641010.rpx.
Like this: 
+IIf([CompanyAddress.AddressLine1]<> null, [CompanyAddress.AddressLine1] + '{br}', '')
+IIf([CompanyAddress.AddressLine2]<>null,[CompanyAddress.AddressLine2] + '{br}','')

Hello @wfilipiak67 ,
thank you for your suggestion, but still it doesn’t work out:

Even the system is actually taking the second line from the Values columns under Attributes, it is missing the first line.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Harshita Can you show the joins being used? Are you sure Att table is populating data?

Hello @BenjaminCrisman , Yes, the Att tables is populating all the required data:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

So, it is easily displaying the values for both the selected checkboxes in the reports, but not their descriptions:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello Community, haven’t found any resolution to this. Can anyone please guide me out?
Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Harshita I reviewed the details above. I see that you are now able to show the Attribute’s Description and the Attribute Values selected on the subcontract.
Are you looking for a way to show all the Values selected for the Attribute in the Contract, as shown below?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Harshita If you are looking for a comma separated value on the report, verify if you the values are shown as comma separated values on the CSAnswer table - Value field.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved