Solved

Dashboards - Add Empty / Spacer Widgets

• 14 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m trying to make Dashboards to show poeple how to do their jobs. This often comes in list formats. Like the following, where every word or letter is a widget.

Create        Release
  A                    A

B                    B

C                   C

D

The current Dashboard formats don’t allow this, becuase you can’t have a widget (D) to the right of an empty space. I would like to have a “blank” or “spacer” widget we can add to make whitespace for user readability on dashboards. I think this would greatly enhance what is often the first screen type any user encounters when logging in.

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 14 July 2023, 19:34

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks Chris!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Michael Hansen - I have moved

Userlevel 5
Badge

For anyone following along, it’s an embedded page widget with the URL set to: 

about:blank

It works exactly as I wanted it to, THANK YOU @lauraj46 !!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael Hansen ,

I’m not sure if it’s possible to move the thread.  Maybe repost your question?  @Chris Hackett is this something that you can help with?

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

Awesome, can we move this to discussions so others can see it too please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael Hansen ,

As per the S160 training guide:

An embedded page widget can be used to display a white rectangle or square of the needed size. You can place it between other widgets in a row or between rows to add more white space to your dashboard. To create such a widget, you type about:blank instead of a URL in the widget settings and the system displays it as a white rectangle or square (see the following screenshot).

Hope this helps!

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved