Solved

Customers Inquiry Issue

• 28 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

In the Customers inquiry screen, some newly created customers are not being displayed. But if you navigate to an existing customer and search in the customer ID, the said customer appears. Is there any reasoning behind this?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 4 March 2022, 22:14

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @TharidhiP 

Maybe some condition was added on the Inquiry screen. can you please check the GI ” AR-Customers” and verify any conditions added to it. 

As per your screenshot, the customer class is different for the newly created customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @TharidhiP 

Adding to the above, can you enable ‘Use in Quick search’ option is checked for the column value which you are using to search for the newly created record?

Regards,

Badge +18

Could this be security related (customers connected to branch roles, while a different branch is open)? Or Row-level security? (Customers connected to something else, like Users)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@laura01 I would recommend to export and upload the GI so we can see it to better assess the reason why something might be missing.

I have seen issues where there is a restriction group on a parent account and so while the child is accessible by looking on the Customer screen, the GI will omit them from the results.

Additionally, if there are any added relations to the GI then this can cause some data to be removed if they new join is incorrectly added or the data links are not solid.

You can always click the clipboard at the top of the GI and select Reset to Default to make sure that the out of the box GI is being used, then once you see the customer in the list re-apply any cosmetic or field changes which are needed.

Hope this helps, but if not it might be helpful to see the GI being used

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @TharidhiP 

Were you able to get this issue resolved? Curious to know what was the root cause. 
Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi, @BenjaminCrisman thank you for your suggestion, I have attached the GI for further information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@TharidhiP Thank you for providing this GI for review. The reason there are some customers which may be missing is due to the additional joins added to the GI:

I noticed that all the additional links added are Inner type joins, which could create an issue if one of the customers does not have data related to those links.

Inner joins return results for the GI only for data which is found in both the parent and the child tables, so if the customer does not have a salesperson or primary contact then they could be omitted from the results.

I would recommend to try switching these links to Left links which will return all the normal Parent table (Customer) data and only the data in the Child table which matches on the data link.

This way you can see if it is a matter of the join type which can be an easy fix.

If that does not resolve the issue then I would recommend to deactivate the last 5 links (the ones in the box above) and then verify the Customer is showing, once you see the customer and know they are there at this level then you can reactivate the relations one at a time, checking after each one is activated and then you can see which relation is causing the customer to go missing.

Once you know which relation is causing the issue you can research the links between the two tables and make sure the data links being used are correct and using the key linking fields if possible.

A good resource for checking on the key linking fields is the Merged DAC Relations screen (SM402000), here you can plug in a table and see which links work best for the table you’re trying to link to.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved