Solved

Custom Weeks Can not be Generated For New Year

• 1 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi All,

I was trying to generate Custom Weeks for 2024 Year using the Time and Expenses Preferences Screen.

But when I save the above records, the below error is occurring.

After investigating the issue, I found that there are already few records containing weekIDs of 2024 in the database(EPCustomWeek table) for previous year as below.  

I suspect that this should be the reason for above mentioned error message. 

Any idea on this? How can I solve this issue?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Laura02 1 January 2024, 12:30

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello @charithalakshan49 ,

It looks like this is a known issue in Acumatica. The solution is to contact your VAR and ask them to open a support ticket.

Here is the post that contains details of the known issue:

In case you cannot see the above post (some are available only to VARs):

Issue description

On the Time and Expense Preferences (EP101000) form, if a user generated more than 100 weeks for a year by using the custom week functionality, and then tried to generate weeks for a subsequent year, the system displayed the following error message: Error: Another process has added the 'EPCustomWeek' record. Your changes will be lost, as shown in the following screenshot.

Root cause

This is a known issue for the following builds of Acumatica ERP:

• All builds of the 2023 R1 Version
  • All builds of the 2022 R2 Version
  • All builds of the 2022 R1 Version
  • All builds of the 2021 R2 Version
  • All builds of the 2021 R1 Version
  • All builds of the 2020 R2 Version

Solution

We are currently planning to resolve this issue in future Acumatica ERP Versions.

Workaround

Contact your Acumatica support provider to receive the workaround instructions and any assistance with using them.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Laura02 . Thanks for the response!.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Laura02  Can you suggest any workaround for this known issue?

Badge +18

Hello,

It seems like the choices are upgrade to 2023 R2 or open a support ticket with Acumatica.

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Laura02 Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved