Solved

Custom parameter values

I’m looking to add a parameter on my sales order GI to filter by statuses, but instead of having all the database values as an option to select from and be limited to select only one value at a time I would like to create my own values (example, Group A, Group B,) and add a condition if Group A is selected than show the orders within these statuses and vise versa, so I can quickly shift my filter between Group A and B and see the relative information.

any solution how this can be accomplished?  

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 9 March 2023, 23:27

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You can open the SO3010PL GI and add a column to the result grid as follows (you can add more cases to the Switch as you need)

=Switch([SOOrder.Status]='H', 'On Hold',[SOOrder.Status]='P', 'Pending Approval',[SOOrder.Status]='N', 'Open')

and then you can filter as a normal string field

@aaghaei What is the benefit of this formula? I could've do the same with the original status field.

I did not want to use this method, I wanted to have only 2 options, one for all orders up to the status of “Shipping” and the other one will be all status from “shipping” and further. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

=Switch([SOOrder.Status]='H', 'Pending',[SOOrder.Status]='P', 'Pending',[SOOrder.Status]='N', 'Shipped')

and so on. Map the statuses either to Pending or Shipped and you can easily filter on either one

@aaghaei  Got it, Thank you.

Are parameter filter values always only the database field values or they can also be the values entered in the GI with a formula?   

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

alternatively, you can click on the filter icon on top right of the screen and add two shared filters with “Or” operator, one to include all statuses up to the shipping point and one after. Then you will have to tab in your GI and can easily switch between the tabs

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@aaghaei  Got it, Thank you.

Are parameter filter values always only the database field values or they can also be the values entered in the GI with a formula?   

On DB Values not the display name if you are meaning to use them in Formulas.

@aaghaei I like the idea of the filter option with different tabs for the statuses, but these advanced filters doesn't get passed to side panels, not sure why :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Not sure what you mean it doesn’t pass the parameter. Tabs are in fact the same view that is filtered. Won’t make any difference. See below filtered tab along with side panel

@aaghaei the report that I’m trying to get the filter on will be used as a side panel to another report, when you make a GI as a side panel the advanced filters from the side panel report doesn't show up in the side panel 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I believe you got the answer to your original question. I can not comprehend your point about side panel so I suggest to create a new case with snips and clear explanations that might others can help.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved