Solved

Consolidated invoice PDF by invoice detail item class?

• 9 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hoping someone has some ideas on how to accomplish a data request! Client needs to be able to print invoices over xyz date range and include invoices that have items that fall under xyz item class parameters. I’ve seen how to pull a date range consolidated invoice but havent quite figured out how to tackle the added layer of reaching into the invoice detail and looking to see which invoices have a certain item class on them. Any ideas are appreciated!

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 9 January 2023, 22:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @hayleehicks18! I was able to create an invoice which would only display items of the correct class by adding the InventoryItem table in and joining it to ARTran on InventoryID=InventoryID.

I created a parameter called Class using the following View Name:

=Report.GetFieldSchema('InventoryItem.ItemClassID')

Then a filter condition where the InventoryItem.ItemClassID = @Class

Then I ran the report for an invoice which I knew had at least 2 classes:

The result is an invoice which follows the item class parameter:

You may want to include a second part to the Class filter condition to add a condition for ‘Or’ @Class IsNull.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman! Thanks for the quick response. How would it work if the invoice nbr parameter needs to be removed and then only include a date range parameter? The user needs to pull invoice in bulk within a date range that have a particular item class on it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @hayleehicks18! To get the second part I just removed the requirement for DocType and RefNbr, along with their associated filter conditions.

I added two date parameters for DateFrom and DateTo:

On the filter conditions tab I added the date parameters:

Then run the report:

Does that work for you?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman I think pretty close! I just noticed that when you do the item class filter, it’s excluding other items on the invoice. I need it to pull full invoices for any that have the particular item class on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@hayleehicks18 I’m not sure I know how to write the report for that result. Seems like there would need to be a query to identify which invoices contained that item, then another to run using the report.

Maybe there is some kind of report/subreport relationship which can work to display all data off an invoice which has been selected because it contains a specific item class? It almost seems like I can visualize it, but I’m not certain it would work. You may need some type of customization to make a relationship between the class and the document which can work as a selector

Userlevel 1
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman I was able to create an inquiry to show all of the invoices that contained an item from a certain class and tried to enable mass action to print. But I could only get it to print 1 invoice, or when I removed the RefNbr requirement, it tried printing all invoices, instead of the ones selected. 

Any thoughts on how to get them printed? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@WillieGrothman61 Unfortunately the mass actions aren’t really designed to be able to print in that way. You would need to also have a report which was not focused on the RefNbr but on other criteria or save that query as a custom DAC and then use this in the report instead somehow. It’s a bit outside something I’ve ever tried and I think it will take a good time commitment to complete it, but it certainly seems possible.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved