Solved

Connecting Expense Receipt & Assigned Approver in a Custom GI

• 13 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am looking to join the ApproverEmployee DAC with my custom GI so I can see the required Assignee ID for the expense receipt.  I have figured out that the ApprovedEmployee DAC is hidden but I don’t have any other ideas how to gather that data and associate it with the receipt.  I have the screenshots below of the field I am looking for along with the tables & relationships for my custom GI.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 13 October 2022, 23:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Laura Carpenter! For this information you’ll need to join to EPApproval, this should have the information you’re looking for.

I believe the join is EPExpenseClaim to EPApproval on NoteID = RefNoteID (or that could be backward 😉)

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks @BenjaminCrisman.  I was able to join the EPExpenseClaimDetails with the EPApproval with an inner join and with the noteID and refNoteID relations as you suggested.  We have a 2 step approval process for our expense receipts so I did need to do some conditioning with the fields so I only saw 1 record per expense receipts but I think I have it figured out.  Would there be a way to join the tables and use conditioning in the relations of the tables to only see 1 line in the results grid for the first approval that is pending?  An example would be when the first approval step is pending, it would show that assigned approver and after the first approval is complete, the line would then reflect the second assigned approver?  What I am asking for is what I am accomplishing with my condition on the GI (ApproverID is empty) but once the approvals are done, the receipt will disappear from my GI because it no longer meets the condition that “ApproverID is empty”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Laura Carpenter I found that all I needed was a condition on the GI to show the approvals which are in a pending status:

This meant that because the other line showed as approved, it wouldn’t appear.

If there was a third step, then once the second was approved, that would drop off and the new approval would take its place.

The Expense I was working with:

With that condition off:

With the condition on:

Userlevel 4
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman Thanks so much for your reply.  That was super helpful.  I wanted to be able to see 1 line for every expense receipt regardless of the status.  I took what you did and expanded on it.  Here is a snapshot of what I ended up with for my conditions.

I was able to use the StepID descriptions to filter out the lines that I wanted for the Open and Released Statuses. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved