Solved

Check for with Remittance - trying to fill the remittance area as much as humanly possible!

I am trying to compress the size of the content showing in the remittance area of the Check Form with Remittance.  I have that task completed.  My employer would like for me to squeeze as many lines into that section with smaller font sizes as possible, ideally between 30 and 40 entries being displayed.  I have the structure of the layout completed on the ap641000.rpx form in Designer.  I've checked all the field values and incremented them according to the pattern in the "canned" items on the report.  However, I am only successful in getting a total of 12 invoice item values to display.  The remaining items do show up on the form output, but "Invoice Date" shows zero, "Invoice Number" shows zero, and Invoice "Invoice Amt" and "Payment Amt" both show "0.00" instead of the appropriate values.  I have adjusted the Payment Method "Lines per Stub" to 33 since I have 33 items ready to be paid with a single check and listed in the remittance area.  Can the form not be manipulated in this way perhaps? Anyone had any luck attempting this.  I am fairly new to Report Designer, but have been modifying the OOTB forms for our corporate needs for a couple months now and am fairly successful.  In case you are wondering, my employer DOES NOT want to use the Additional Remittance form.  I modified that and presented it as an option already.  We tend to have remittances with >50 payments being made to single vendors at times.  Thank you in advance for any help!!  I've attached a .pdf file of my attempt thus far.  Still somewhat rough, but you can see where I'm headed with trying to meet the requested purpose.

icon

Best answer by Robert Sternberg 24 March 2023, 21:32

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Could you please attach the Report Designer RPX file.  Thank you

Robert, - Here’s the latest iteration as I continue to play with this.  Had to zip it since attachment of .rpx files is not supported based on the notification when I tried.

Thanks for looking.

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It looks like you will need to add the variables for each invoice to print. 

They are reset in the groupHeaderSection1 (Header of groupStub), then later the value is assigned in groupHeaderSection2 (Header of groupAdjustment)

The following variables are set for each invoice:

• RefNbr
  • InvcNbr
  • InvcDate
  • InvcAmt
  • Paid
  • Disc

Here is where the value is set, it looks like you are missing values for the additional invoices.  

Thanks for being an extra pair of eyes as I’m still trying to discover where additional references are at times.  I’ll work through that and let you know how it goes.  Your response/time is much appreciated.

Michael

Robert,

I successfully modified the report in Designer to support up to 50 remittances.  Thanks for your extremely helpful response!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@mrhoades That’s great news and a fantastic experience point into the world of report designer!  

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, Can some one help me with it ?

I got the exact same issue and when I tried to validate the value but it said invalid when it hit the line 12 

trungrigshop… Please reply and provide a summary of “what” you are trying to accomplish.  Are you just trying to get the report to display more entries in the remittance areas like I had said I was working on?  Please also provide a copy of your .rpx file so I can review your work.  I am thinking you just need to define additional variables within the HEADER section as Robert had shown me in the screenshots above in his response to me.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @mrhoades,

I tried to follow up to what you showed before which is adding more variable in form. However, it still does not work. I need my form InvcNbr is vendor Ref value and the paid amount of that bill. It only work up to the line 11 for me right now. 

Thanks for replying

Userlevel 3
Badge

and here is my rpx form 

trungrigshop, I’ve taken a closer look at your .rpx file.  I am still of the opinion that you are missing the same thing I originally missed when I tried to modify “AP641000.rpx” which functions much the same as AP642000.rpx. I noticed you do not have all of the variables defined in your Collection in what I believe to be the correct “group” section.  I believe you must make your definitions within the groupHeaderSection2" as Robert had pointed out to me in the snapshots provided in this thread by him. You will need to add all of the variable definitions for each field you wish to display in your report to that section.  EACH of those variables must also have a “Value Expression” declared as well.  That is why you only see up through line 11 displaying.  You do not have things defined in the correct group section.  Although I am still somewhat of a novice in the Report Designer tool, I know that by following Robert’s guidance, my report functions correctly with all of the variables I desired.  I am able to have 50 invoices and associated data display in the AP641000.rpx.  I hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @mrhoades, I will try to again then

will get back with any updates soon.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved