Solved

Can we extend the record count function execution time?

• 12 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I have a few clients working with massive data sets and displaying a lot of data. I have tried splitting the inquiries in two etc, but we are now down to the minimum acceptable amount of data and the system is returning the “failed to get record count” error. My understanding is that the system gets 2 or 3 seconds to get this record count. Can we extend this timer?

I need a scalable solution for these companies as they continue to grow (one of them is an acquistion company and they are very agressive in their growth). I’d love to double the time to give them some breathing room.

THANK YOU!

icon

Best answer by VladS 12 October 2023, 18:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @Michael Hansen !

To my knowledge, the default value for a Report and Query Timeout is 30 seconds. You can adjust these values by navigating to the web.config file, and adjusting the reportQueryTimeout + queryTimeout values respectively. Let me know if increasing those values helps out with this issue your team is facing. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Michael Hansen 

How many records you will get in the GI?

As @Naveen Boga mentioned we can see 10million records in GI,

Generally the error comes because of Incoorect GI relations

1. One way to optimize a Primary List is by reducing the number of fields that have "Use in quick search" enabled (highlighted)

2. Check the tables in the GI, if there are any that are not necessary we recommend removing them (obsolete tables)

TO=o calculate the count and display the results, the system needs to run two queries. To ensure the responsiveness of the application, the Generic Inquiry system will wait for a predetermined amount of time (a few seconds). If the count of records is not returned in the allotted time, the query is canceled and the GI will only display the records.

More than likely, this means that the GI has a complex join expression or condition that requires full table scans instead of faster-clustered index operations. '

3. Analysis of the SQL Query Execution plan through SQL Management Studio is recommended in such cases. In some cases, it can simply be because you’re missing a field in the relationship (ex: joining by OrderNbr instead of OrderType, OrderNbr).

4. One way to optimize a Primary List is by reducing the number of fields that have "Use in quick search" enabled 

5. Check the tables in the GI, if there are any that are not necessary we recommend removing them (obsolete tables)

6. Another suggestion would be to enter a value for the "export top" field if the client is not exporting all the values and the first few only

Userlevel 5
Badge

THANK YOU @VladSushkin83 

@manikantad18 - I will look into killing the quick filter toggles on the inquiries!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved